A STEP-BY-STEP BUYER'S GUIDE...
TO YOUR HOME
SHOP FOR A MORTGAGE, THEN SHOP FOR A HOME
Find out how much you can afford before you begin your search. Our mortgage calculator will get you started. With a mortgage pre-approval or commitment letter, you can structure an Agreement of Sale advantageously. Ask Robin about your real estate goals and financing options.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Next, choose your preferred neighborhood(s). The cost of your future home, and how much you enjoy it, depends more on location than any other factor. Review maps, tour neighborhoods, research schools, determine proximity and drive times, and know home prices in each area. Then, focus your home search in the best areas for you.
HIRE A GOOD REALTOR
The big mistake most people make is hiring a Realtor based on a personal relationship. The right move is choosing the Realtor® who specializes in your preferred community, and who demonstrates the skills and qualities that will ensure the best possible outcome.
KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SHOPPING FOR
Before starting your search, list the features you want and share the list with your realtor.® look for homes that meet your needs first, and fulfill your desires second.
UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT MAIN LINE MARKET
- Study recent home sales to learn what you can buy in different neighborhoods.
- Find out if it's a seller or buyer market.
- Knowing who has the advantage will determine how you structure an Agreement of Sale.
NARROW YOUR SEARCHStart your search with our customizable Search Tools to compare every Main Line home in your price range. Your Realtor® should research your choices, suggest their own choices, show you the best listings that meet your criteria and point out key features, any potential problems, and design possibilities. In a Seller’s market, see new listings as soon as they become available. You can request instant alerts of new listings that meet your criteria via our search tools. Being first can be the key to getting the home you want.
WHEN YOU FIND WHAT YOU WANT...
- Obtain a property disclosure from the Seller.
- Analyze sales of similar local homes to guide your offer.
- Consider market conditions, length of time on the market, property condition and improvements, and seller motivation.
- It's typically a good idea, especially in a buyer's market, to include contingencies in your agreement, including Home Inspection, Wood Infestation, Radon, Septic, Pool, Mortgage and Appraisal. In a seller's market, these should be minimized. Ask Robin which are appropriate for you.
- Submit a "Buyer Profile" with your offer. Describing you and your family helps personalize your offer, and the difference in a competitive bid.
A BUYER'S GUIDE TO CHOOSING A REALTOR
In fact, the right Realtor® can make a tremendous difference at every step: help you identify the best neighborhoods, choose the ideal home, negotiate the best price and terms, craft a winning bid, recommend trusted lenders and home inspectors, and manage every detail from offer to closing to ensure a smooth settlement.
Simply stated, a great Realtor can help you avoid multiple regrettable and potentially very costly mistakes.
SO, HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT REALTOR?
QUALITIES YOU WANT IN YOUR REALTOR
- Provide honest, knowledgeable, insightrful advice
- Dedicated, available and attentive
- Demonstrates an impressive work ethic, and will go the extra mile
- Repects you time and schedules tours - at your convenience - of the best homes that satisfy your criteria
- Will thoroughly assess and report on every home you're interested in
- Responds promptly to every call, e-mail and text. Instant communications are vital in a fast-moving market
- Keep you fully informed throughout the sales process.
- Will seek to immediately remedy any unsatisfactory situation
transaction to make sure your interests are protected.
What our Clients are Saying about Robin...
“We bought a fabulous house and couldn’t have done it without Robin. An outstanding professional, she’s a pleasure to work with – knowledgeable, extremely thorough, honest and direct.”
Former CEO, The Company Corporation
"Thanks to her perfect balance of knowledge, enthusiasm and professionalsm. I have absolute confidence in Robin and her exceptional team. She knows how to get a deal one."